We are looking for a Lead Engineer, Instrumentation & Controls to provide instrumentation & controls engineering expertise to aid in the execution of the Company’s onshore and offshore projects.
- To act as a focal point/technical authority for instrumentation & control engineering throughout all phases of engineering design, construction, offshore installation and commissioning.
- Review Design Bases, design drawings, specifications, etc.
- To act as required as the Company representative (instrumentation & electrical) to ensure that design work by contractors meets Company standards and relevant industry codes
- To monitor the performance of design contractors and suggest remedial actions related to instrumentation & controls design.
- To assist Company resident and/or project engineers with the instrumentation & control engineering aspects of Facilities design.
- To participate in HAZOP’s and other key design reviews.
- To provide input to Front End/Conceptual Engineering studies with respect to instrumentation & control design aspects
- Minimum of 2nd class honours University Engineering Degree (Instrumentation or other relevant subject)
- Membership of relevant professional institution preferred
- Minimum eight (8) years relevant experience on offshore and onshore projects within the upstream oil and gas industry.
- Must be used to working in a multi-discipline environment
- Must have worked in an expatriate situation for at least five (5) years
- Good understanding of project management controls and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency and accuracy.
- Solid working knowledge of oil and gas industry instrumentation & control engineering codes and standards.
- Have thorough knowledge of the design of onshore and offshore oil production facilities
- Sound understanding of HSES management systems and the application thereof, particularly with respect to design integrity and safety.
- Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with contractors
- Good reporting skills with the ability to write well-structured and easily understood reports
- Able to prepare and deliver effectively presentations for information dissemination both internally to management and externally to Clients or 3rd parties.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to deal with a broad spectrum of cultural and organisational styles
- Good computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, Project, Micro Soft Outlook Notes, PowerPoint)