We are looking for a HSE Engineer to assist in monitoring and reporting of Health, Safety, and Environmental performance of Craigwal Petroshore with respect to compliance with company, Industry, National and International Standards with focus on Process Safety and Project Execution activities. Also assist in the community relations needs specifically related to individual Projects and current operations involving both onshore and offshore areas.
- Conduct regular HSE meetings, training and drills to promote awareness and preparedness.
- Monitor daily activities against compliance with company policies (permit-to-work, incident reporting/investigation, etc.).
- Participate and follow-up on regular site audits with staff.
- Promote good housekeeping.
- Establish and maintain a HSE “action tracking and monitoring” system.
- Participate in incident investigations and provide assistance in reporting, follow-up and formal close out of actions/recommendations.
- Assist Head HSE in the development of Safety Cases for individual projects as far as is practical.
- Assist Head HSE to deliver reports/presentations to Craigwal Petroshore Leadership Team Meeting, quarterly management reviews (QPR’s), and company management as required.
- Sc (Science or Engineering)
- Certificate and/or Diploma in Safety Management, NEBOSH and/or other relevant qualifications
- Knowledge of HSE MS administration, HSE statutory regulations and applicable codes of practice.
- Application of the knowledge of Unsafe Acts and Unsafe Conditions in auditing site operations, and the training of site staff.
- Computer literate (including sound working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint ).
- Good knowledge and experience of document control for major Oil and Gas projects.
- Understanding of Oil and Gas Project Management requirements
- Good organisational, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Logical thought, to aid setting up database systems and document records.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Able to fit in as a team player within the department.
- Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency, accuracy and quality is essential.
- Sound knowledge of relevant oil and gas industry engineering codes and standards.