We are looking for a HSE Coordinator to encourage and promote Behavioural Based Safety amongst all personnel, coordinate Health, Safety, Environment systems effectively within the department and assist with the maintenance of relevant HSE documentation and records.
- Promote company occupational health and safety awareness and monitor that safety related functions (including risk assessments and training) are being satisfactorily completed.
- Provide personnel with the necessary training to implement the HSE Management System (MS),
- Promote HSE training and awareness initiatives at all levels and provide HSE support to Craigwal Petroshore personnel.
- Assist the Manager, HSE with establishing a programme of auditing, inspection and monitoring performance, particularly for individual Projects, this programme to also include management HSE site visits.
- Support the procurement process with reference to supplier and sub-contractor HSE qualification, selection and assessment and follow the evolution of HSE Legislation and supply consultancy to line management.
- Report to Craigwal Petroshore management on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis the overall HSE performance against set targets as well as establish a system to record HSE statistics both in general within the Company and/or for individual Projects, where deemed appropriate.
- Contribute to Company’s HSE external communication reports development and Perform HSE statistical analysis and reports.
- Establish and maintain an HSE “action tracking and monitoring” system.
- Participate in incident investigations and provide assistance in reporting, follow-up and formal close out of actions/recommendations.
- Support Project teams HSE risk assessments (incl. HAZIDS, HAZOPS, QRA’s, etc), and participate in such assessments, where required.
- Other duties as assigned by The Manager, HSE.
- University degree In Engineering, Sciences, Social Sciences with a NEBOSH, IEMA, IOSH technical qualifications.
- Minimum of 10 years in the Oil and Gas industry, with at least the last 5 years in a similar position.
- Previous direct experience as part of a project team in design and / or construction role is preferred.
- Previous experience of working in outside Nigeria is preferred.
- Managed multidiscipline teams of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Good understanding of HSSE Management systems and the application thereof, particularly with respect to design integrity and safety. Can participate in HAZOP’s, HAZIDs, QRA’s and preparation of safety cases.
- Ability to work under pressure against tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of consistency, accuracy and quality is essential.
- Sound knowledge of relevant Oil and Gas Industry Engineering Codes and Standards.
- Ability to manage interfaces both internally and externally with contractors and authorities related to Health Safety Security & Environmental (HSSE) matters.
- Apt reporting and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex information into well-structured and easily understood reports and management presentations.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Organised, interactive, forward thinking and methodical.
- Self-starter, results-driven and focussed on producing quality deliverables accurately and on time.